Please join GPC Cares, the GPC-AACN Community Outreach Program, at our Potluck in the Park Service Event!
GPC Cares is sponsoring this opportunity for members of the GPC-AACN to share their care for the community. We’ll be handling the dessert service for Potluck in the Park on December 16th from 2 pm to 5 pm. Space is limited to ten participants. Please use the links here on the GPC-AACN site to sign up—we have already registered with Hands on Portland for the group event. For more information about Potluck in the Park, please see below (links included). Please feel free to contact the event sponsor, Ellie Olson, for more details!
Project Description: https://www.handsonportland.org/opportunity/a0C1H000014E1LK
Potluck in the Park has been serving a free hot meal to anyone in need since 1991. Every Sunday, rain or shine, 52 weeks a year, we provide a hot meal in downtown Portland at the North Park Blocks on NW 8th & Glisan. 400-800 Portlanders do not go hungry on Sunday because of Potluck in the Park. We are a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization and we accomplish our mission of providing nutritious food and an atmosphere of community to anyone in need, because of volunteers like you!
Potluck in the Park Details:
- Potluck in the Park will be held at North Park Blocks at NW 8th & Glisan. We may not have protection from the sun/rain, so dress accordingly for the weather.
- Volunteers should check in no earlier than 1:45pm and no later than 2:15pm. The actual meal service begins promptly at 3:00pm. We even provide limited cat and dog food for companion animals!
Dessert Service Activities Include:
- Helping to unload food and supplies
- Setting up and organizing in preparation for the dessert service
- Portioning desserts as needed
- Serving desserts to guests as they come through the line during meal service