Lecture series for new health care professionals in critical and high acuity care settings
Regional subject matter experts from nursing and medicine
The Winter Consortium dates of MARCH 16th & 17th have been POSTPONED. Reschedule dates TBD in June 2020.
A 6-day fundamental critical care program designed to meet the beginning educational content needs of nurses providing care for adolescent to elderly populations. The content will be presented through lectures, handouts, and case studies by regional nursing and various clinical experts.
1) Introduction of core critical care concepts to nurses entering critical care practice.
2) Provide a theoretical base for clinical decisions made in critical care units.
- Cardiovascular & Hemodynamics
- Pulmonary Concepts & Pathologies & Mechanical Ventilation
- Critically-Ill Surgical Patient & Vasoactive Drugs
- Neurological, Analgesia & Anesthesia Issues
- Renal, Shock, Coagulopathies, Fluid Resuscitation & Gastrointestinal Issues
- Temporary Pacing, Nutrition, Endocrine & Drug Overdose
Program, Course Dates, & Schedule Topics:
The course runs 6 seperate dates. Tickets will be able to be purchased for entire course or individual dates when registering. The dates for the course are as follows. Locations for individual dates will be updated.
SITE MAPS ARE AVAILABLE IN HANDOUTS!
- February 24th & 25th (Kaiser TownHall @ 3500 North Interstate Ave.Portland, OR 97227)
- March 9th & 10th (Legacy Emanuel-Lorenzen Center)
- March 16th & 17th (Adventist Medical Center)
Day 1- February 24th, 2020
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Concepts: Heart Failure
- Temporary Cardiac Pacing
- Transition to Critical Care Nursing
Day 2- February 25th, 2020
- Neuroscience Critical Care
- Neuroscience Nursing in Critical Care
- Neuroscience Nursing in Critical Care- Injury & Disease
- Vasoactive & Anitarrhythmic Medications
- Nutritional Support in the Critically-ill Patient
Day 3-March 9th, 2020
- General Pulmonary Concepts
- Airway Management & Mechanical Ventilation
- Donor Managment in the ICU
- Pulmonary Critical Care: ARDS
Day 4-March 10th, 2020
- Hemodynamic Monitoring: Basic Concepts and Techniques
- Hemodynamic Case Studies
- Analgesia, Sedation, & Neuromusclar Blockade
- Care of the Critically-ill Surgical Patient
Day 5-March 16th, 2020
- Renal Concepts
- Coagulapathies and DIC
- The Pathophysiology, Assessement and Treatment of Shock
- Pulmonary Critical Care: Pulmonary Embolus, Restrictive:Obstructive Disease
- Anesthesia Recovery
Day 6-March 17th, 2020
- Gastrointestinal issues: Liver Failure, Acute Pancreatitis, and Bleeds
- Endocrine Issues: DKA, HHNK, DI, and SIADH
- Drug Overdose
- Neurocognitive Effects in the ICU
Fee structure is based on employment at a consortium or non-consortium facility or status as a pre-licensure student nurse.
GPC Consortium facilities include:
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
- Portland Adventist
- Salem Health
- Legacy Health System
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Tuality Health Care
- Kaiser Permanente Health System
- Consortium Member Entire Course $300, Single day $75
- Non-Consortium Member Entire Course $475, Single Day $125
- Student (Pre-licensure): Entire Course $150, Single Day $75
Nurses beginning clinical practice in critical care and high acuity care areas.
Approval for contact hours
The consortium committee reserves the right to cancel a scheduled course for low enrollment. You will be given 4 weeks notice if this occurs. If a course cancelled- for paying participants full refunds will be issued.
If an individual cancels course registration, refunds will be considered on an individual basis.